Friday, November 2, 2007

Bali Certified Surfer!!!

Kuta, Bali is indeed utopia for surfers & wannabees. -Like me! I got to fulfil my lifelong dream of learning to surf properly at the Hard Rock Surf School!!! How cool am I??? I know, I'm a total dork... but I wanted to learn properly, not try to be some hero and end up dying... I even got a cert to prove it [+ a discount at RipCurl :)] Ok, so I didn't do it before I turned 30like I said I would but so what?

They guarantee you learn to surf by the lesson end (3-4hrs) or next lesson free!!! Basically teach you to body positioning and paddling at the hotel pool like total losers (many hot men sighted) before going out to the beach for the real thing.

And I did it! I also got to ride a couple of waves. I must say it's a real rush but once you get a wave you're on shore really in like 2 seconds. But it takes like forever to get out to where you catch your wave, it's a damn gruelling workout fighting against the tide... But It was worth it! (At least the first 3 times, after that was a total chore... 'cos I'm old).

No comments:

search

Web Miso